Me Trying to Organise My Blog...xP

Translate

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship 2013 . . . OR MY NEW BOOK?

     I found a fun scholarship to write for. Here my entry and the guide lines. Let me know if you injoyed it and want a part two.

This is the guide lines
" A complete application must include name and contact information, background details, academic details, and a short original, previously unpublished written response to the scholarship topic, Imagine that your high school/college has been overrun with Zombies. Your math professor, the cafeteria ladies and even your best friend have all joined the walking dead. Use your brain to flesh out a plan to avoid the Zombies, including where you would hide and the top 5 things you would bring with you to stay alive. The student's written response must be written in English, with correct spelling and grammar, and it must not exceed 250 words. "

Ok here is my untitled work....


                “Crunch.” One bite was all it took to transform my school into a living hell. We been here, living in the Science building, for a week. We lived off of what’s left in the rooms and just about cleaned out the staff lounge vending machines.
                We are able to get outside contact by a TV and our cell phones. The local news said that the government corralled the school so the disease wouldn't spread. They say 437 living are trapped here out of 3,268 dead. I was able to contact some of my friends in the other buildings. When they didn't answer, I decide to suspect that their battery died.
                We lost 6 living when they died trying to make bombs. A day ago, 9 living tried to find a way out by the fence on the other side of school, but were unsuccessful. That is the farthest anyone has gotten. That leaves 42 of us.
There is an idea going around that we should climb on the roofs and get airlifted. I feel like most people outside rather have everyone here be exterminated so this disease couldn't spread.
                Others talk about building hopping. It helps allows us to get an idea what the school looks like and where we might get out. I will be going to the English building tomorrow. They told us to bring any chemicals and anything that makes fire. I am arming myself with a textbook and a bottle of acid.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Have you submitted this to the contest yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, but it doesn't close until Halloween and then there is the judging process.
      It was a challenge keeping it under 250 words. I would have worded it better and added a few things, but it taught me to KISS it (Keep It Simple Stupid). Also, so it would be easier for them to read through.

      DISCLAIMER:
      NOBODY CAN ENTER WHO READS MY BLOG!
      I WOULD LIKE LITTLE TO NO COMPETITION.

      Delete